WELCOME to Guardian Angels Parish.
We serve these boundaries:
- to the North: Old School Road (22nd Side Road)
- to the East: McLaughlin Road
- to the South: Bovaird Drive
- to the West: Winston Churchill Boulevard
The new measures announced by the provincial government on April 16, 2021 as part of an extended "Stay-At-Home Order" will remain in place until at least May 20, 2021.
Starting Monday, April 19, 2021:
- ALL PUBLIC MASSES ARE CANCELLED.
- Please participate through livestream as Fr. Jan celebrates a private Mass daily and on weekends.
- In-Person Holy Communion will be available immediately after the livestream Saturday and Sunday Masses.
- The capacity of 10 is the maximum number of people allowed at one given time in the church for in-person Holy Communion after the livestream Masses on the weekends, for private prayer and confessions.
This limit includes the priest, staff member and essential volunteers scheduled to assist.
- The elderly and those with compromised immune systems or other health conditions are strongly encouraged to remain home.
- Dispensation from the Sunday Eucharist remains
Download the Spiritual Communion Prayer
Download Pope Francis' Prayer for Protection During COVID-19
Download the First Friday Devotion Booklet
WEEKDAY MASS (LIVESTREAM)
Monday to Friday at 7:30 AM
First Friday Adoration at 6 PM (Holy Hour, First Friday Devotion) followed by the Holy Mass at 7:00 PM
SUNDAY MASS (LIVESTREAM)
Saturday (Vigil) at 5:00 PM
Sunday at 9:00 AM | 10:30 AM | 12:00 PM
SACRAMENT OF RECONCILIATION / CONFESSION - available 30 to 45 minutes before each Mass
PRIVATE PRAYER - the church is open for private prayer Monday to Friday from 9 AM to 2 PM
- The parish office is closed to the public. Staff will be operating remotely and with limited essential appointments only.
- Please contact us by email or phone to book an appointment or for inquiries. When leaving a voice message, please mention the reason for your call and provide your email address
Sacrament of BAPTISM
- A face-to-face Baptism Interview is scheduled by the parish office after submission of a completed Baptism Registration Form.
- The Sacrament of Baptism is celebrated every 2nd and 4th Sundays of the month with a maximum capacity of 10 people including the priest and volunteers assisting.
Sacrament of MATRIMONY (Wedding)
- The couple is required to meet initially with their Parish Priest
- Attendance at a Marriage Preparation course is required
- The Sacrament of Matrimony is celebrated at Guardian Angels Parish with a maximum capacity of 10 people including the priest and volunteers assisting.
PARISH GROUPS and MINISTRIES
- Volunteer Screening is postponed until further notice
- Meetings (includes choir practices) should NOT take place in parish halls or other church spaces at this time
- All volunteers are encouraged to use online platforms to stay connected or to conduct their ministry meetings or practices
FUNERAL MASS is limited to 50 people (including the parish volunteers who are assisting but not including funeral home staff) per direction from the Bereavement Authority of Ontario (BAO)
BLESSING OF VEHICLES or SACRED ITEMS is done after the Mass. Please inform the Parish Priest before the Mass
BLESSING OF HOMES is postponed until further notice